What is AASM
In 1999, Asian Association for Sport Management (hereafter called as AASM) was organizing by someenthusiastic scholars from Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, China, Japan, and Korea. In September of 2002, AASM was formally established in Korea and hosted its historically first annual conference at National Korean Sports University, Seoul, Korea.
AASM is a professional organization in seeking of academic together with practical research and promotion in the field of sport management. The missions of AASM are as follows :
1. To encourage and promote original research in both theoretical and applied aspects of sport management theory and practice.
2. To assist in the dissemination of information and knowledge base in sport management.
3. To assist in the development of sport management programs and professional preparation programs for the mutual benefit and progress of AASM countries.
4. To organize or assist various congresses to promote and strengthen the purpose of AASM.
5. To publish proceedings and journals related to sport management.
6. To facilitate and develop relationship among academic institutions in Asia through participation in AASM programme of activities.
7. To collaborate with other associations having similar purposes.
Since its establishment, AASM explores its membership nations by degrees. Up to today, the membership nations of AASM contain: China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Philippine,Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. In additions, there are more and more nations want to join AASM, such as Iraqand Indonesia.
Moreover, in 2012, AASM has alliance with “North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM)”, “Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand (SMAANZ)”, “European Association for Sport Management (EASM)”, “African Sport Management Association (ASMA)”, and “Latin America Association forSport Management (LAASM)” to form the “World Association for Sport Management (WASM)” to promote and share with sport management professional knowledge around the world.Since 2002, AASM EC members have voted the presidents of AASM as follows :
In additions, AASM has successfully hosted various professional events within its membership nations as follows:
Right now, the membership nations of AASM have increased to China, India, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea,Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippine, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Additionally, AASM Annual Conference has established its reputation; many membership nations are willing to host its annual conferences or EC meetings. Up to today, the annual conferences and EC meetings for the coming years have been arranged, such as 2013 Annual Conference will be in India, one of the 2013 EC Meeting will be in Singapore,the 2014 Annual Conference will be in Taiwan, and the 2015 Annual Conference will be in Malaysia. Although AASM has made progress in its performances gradually, it is still necessary for AASM to analyze the situations which this organization faces with and develops ideal plan to provide better services to its members.
2012 (August to December)
2012 (August to December) 1. To develop the 2012-2014 Strategic Plan. 2. To identify the 2012-2014 EC members from each membership nation. 3. To settle the personnel appointment of 2012-2014AASM Secretariats Office. 4. To publish ASMR for 1 issue. 5. To host 1 EC meeting (if time is available) 6. To re-engineer the AASM organization. 7. To identify the policy of membership fees. 8. To find out the target market of AASM.